Tuesday, February 12, 2013

A slightly different post..

I've not posted something like this before. Gonna go all geek on this one. so bear with me XD

Been frustrated lately... at my phone!! Which isn't really normal for me hahaha... but you gotta get fed up one point or another... when it takes 5 seconds to even start Whatsapp/Facebook or even the Bible on your phone... dah lah tu *i really gotta find the English equivalent to that phrase*... it restarts whenever the screen turns off while WiFi is switched on, effectively annoying the hair out of me on more than countless occasions. Yes I'm abusing the hyperbole. I don't care.. XD

Been looking at other phones... Google+LG's Nexus 4 just came out. and its selling on Digi's site for ONLY RM 499!!! With internet plan and everything. So. Friggin. Tempting. The specs are really good. It's had nothing but good reviews. Gah. But since I'm the 'yim chim' (perfectionist/OCD) type when it comes to my own gadgets... I looked around more... Galaxy S2 seems so mainstream nowadays.. everyone's using it, while not even knowing what it's capable of... The S3 lagi jia lat... the phone's smarter than 60% of the people using it. =.=...

Ah, but I digress. Hitherto I've my sights set on a new phone. But it's not out yet. And it's bound to be EXPENSIVE. But I really do want it. IF ever the opportunity presents itself... else I'll probably need to wait til I grad to afford it on my own. But here's a comparison between that phone and the one I currently own.

Le X8... *What I'm currently using*
















Weight
- 104 grams
 

Dimensions
- 99 x 54 x 15 mm

Battery 
- Talk time: Up to 11 hours

Display
- 3.0 inches TFT
- 16 million colors, 320 x 480 pixels
 
OS & Processor 
- Google Android 3.6.6.7 (Custom Gingerbread: GingerDX build 21)
- 600 MHz ARM 11

Camera
- 3.15 MP, 2048x1536 pixels, no flash, no focus
- no secondary camera
Durability 
- literally made of plastic



meanwhile...


Presenting: The Xperia Z







 Yes, it IS waterproof.






 


 
Weight
- 146 grams

Dimensions
- 139 x 71 x 7.9 mm

Battery 
- Talk time: Up to 11 hours

Display
- 5.0 inches TFT
- 16 million colours, 1920 x 1080 pixels

OS & Processor 
- Google Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)
- 1.5 GHz Qualcomm APQ8064+MDM9215M Quad Core

Camera
- 13 megapixel Exmor RS camera with Auto focus and flash
- 2 MP, Exmor R, front facing camera (1080p)

Durability 
- IPX5/7 (Water-resistant) & IP5X (Dust-proof) 


I don't think you'll understand just by reading the specs... but numbers don't lie.. If you've used the X8 before you'll know my frustrations. And that's with a modded phone... can daii... the screen is only 3.0 inches. I have to squint to look at facebook and whatsapp messages... But with this, hoho.. I can take HD videos, play them at 1080p.. even my LAPTOP can't support that kind of video.. it LAGS at 730p videos. Crazy. Basically to sum it up, this phone pawns even my laptop. and it's water proof. It can roundhouse kick my laptop 3 times around the earth and still have enough juice to play my favourite PS games.

No comments:

Post a Comment