Saturday, December 29, 2012

Like glass that shatters easily...

...and so does the human heart. Well, i think mine's an exception.. I read about guarding hearts today. I dunno the definition of it. Still vague after all the reading I'd done.One thing did stick tho...

Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life.
Proverbs 4:23

I learned that in pursuing a relationship... it's not just our responsibility to guard the particular sister's heart, but your own heart as well; not to mention your FRIENDS' hearts... I believe I've been naive in that part. All's warm and fuzzy and you forget everything. Such selfishness and ignorance.

I've also learned that guarding one's heart goes beyond that of romantic relationships... It has to do with our whole being: our inner-man specifically. God sees the heart. He made it abundantly clear in His Word. My father gave me the name David... I didn't know who David was until I was at least 15 or 16.. when i started reading the bible... David was called: A man after God's own heart. What a privilege that was. His son, Solomon... wrote about guarding the heart.. because what the heart is.. the person becomes. Out of the heart, his mouth speaks... if there is foolishness in the heart, you'd know by their fruits.. if there is humbleness.. if there is wisdom...

I'd read once about leading our own heart.. instead of letting it lead our desires.. our actions.. Been doing a sucky job at that... I'm still hurting people apparently. There's a need to change. A need to soften my heart to His Word.

http://bible.org/article/guarding-heart

Here.. something I found useful in understanding the full meaning of the phrase: Guard your heart.
Not just guarding it against hurting your brothers & sisters.. but guarding it against itself, against Satan's fiery arrows.. and more...


Peace out,

No comments:

Post a Comment